By James J. Gross PhD
"Reviewing the nation of the technological know-how in a dynamic, thriving box, this influential guide integrates wisdom from a number of mental subdisciplines. most desirable specialists deal with the neurobiological and cognitive bases of emotion law and view how participants advance and use regulatory techniques around the lifespan. The social context of emotion legislation is explored, as are character tactics and person alterations. severe implications are mentioned for psychopathology, psychosocial interventions, and future health. together with valuable cross-referencing between chapters, the amount describes state-of-the-art equipment and identifies promising instructions for destiny research. New to This version *Incorporates major clinical advances and lots of new themes. *Greatly extended assurance of scientific concerns and functions. *Chapters on neural platforms, hold up of gratification, selection making, and health and wellbeing. *Chapters on early life, social baseline conception, and wish legislation, plus more"--
"Subject Areas/Keywords: scientific, cognition, cognitive, developmental, issues, dysregulation, emotion law, emotional, feelings, neurobiology, neuroscience, character, psychology, psychopathology, examine, self-regulation, social Description: Reviewing the nation of the technological know-how in a dynamic, thriving box, this influential guide integrates wisdom from a number of mental subdisciplines. premiere specialists deal with the neurobiological and cognitive bases of emotion rules and view how participants boost and use regulatory innovations around the lifespan. The social context of emotion rules is explored, as are character strategies and person adjustments. serious implications are mentioned for psychopathology, psychosocial interventions, and healthiness. together with invaluable cross-referencing between chapters, the quantity describes state of the art tools and identifies promising instructions for destiny investigation"-- Read more...
Part I. Foundations --
1. Emotion law: conceptual and empirical foundations / James J. Gross --
Part II. organic bases --
2. The neural bases of emotion and emotion rules: a valuation viewpoint / Kevin N. Ochsner and James J. Gross --
3. Temporal dynamics of emotion legislation / Greg Hajcak Proudfit, Jonathan P. Dunning, Daniel Foti, and Anna Weinberg --
4. The neural foundation of emotion dysregulation / Tom Johnstone and Henrik Walter --
5. A neurobiological version of implicit and specific emotion rules / Anett Gyurak and Amit Etkin --
Part III. Cognitive ways --
6. hold up discounting: a two-systems point of view / Eric M. Miller, Christian Rodriguez, Bokyung Kim, and Samuel M. McClure --
7. The function of emotion and emotion legislation within the skill to hold up gratification / Anna Luerssen and Ozlem Ayduk --
8. Emotion legislation selection: concept and findings / Gal Sheppes --
9. Emotion law and choice making / Alessandro Grecucci and Alan G. Sanfey --
Part IV. Developmental issues --
10. Self-regulation, effortful regulate, and their socioemotional correlates / Nancy Eisenberg, Claire Hofer, Michael J. Sulik, and Tracy L. Spinrad --
11. Socialization of emotion and emotion legislation within the family members / Ross A. Thompson --
12. Emotion rules in youth / Michaela Riediger and Kathrin Klipker --
13. Emotion law and getting older / Susan Turk Charles and Laura L. Carstensen --
Part V. Social elements --
14. Social baseline conception and the social rules of emotion / James A. Coan and Erin L. Maresh --
15. grownup attachment and emotion rules / Phillip R. Shaver and Mario Mikulincer --
16. Attitudes, overview, and emotion law / Christopher R. Jones, Tabitha Kirkland, and William A. Cunningham --
17. Emotion legislation in / Robert W. Levenson, Claudia M. Haase, Lian Bloch, Sarah R. Holley, and Benjamin H. Seider --
18. The cultural law of feelings / Batja Mesquita, Jozefien De Leersnyder, and Dustin Albert --
Part VI. character methods and person ameliorations --
19. Temperament and emotion legislation / Mary ok. Rothbart, Brad E. Sheese, and Michael I. Posner --
20. 3 methods to person changes in have an effect on law: conceptualization, measures, and findings / Oliver P. John and Joshua Eng --
21. wish and wish rules: easy tactics and person modifications / Wilhelm Hofmann and Hiroki P. Kotabe --
22. Emotion pursuits: how their content material, constitution, and operation form emotion legislation / Iris B. Mauss and Maya Tamir --
23. Self-awareness and self-relevant inspiration within the event and law of emotion / Mark R. Leary and Dina Gohar --
Part VII. Psychopathology --
24. Emotion law in anxiousness issues / Laura Campbell-Sills, Kristen okay. Ellard, and David H. Barlow --
25. Emotion rules in temper issues / Jutta Joormann and Matthias Siemer --
26. Emotion rules in substance use issues / Hedy Kober --
27. A mental building account of emotion legislation and dysregulation: the position of located conceptualizations / Lisa Feldman Barrett, Christine D. Wilson-Mendenhall, and Lawrence W. Barsalou --
Part VIII. Interventions --
28. Emotion legislation treatment / Douglas S. Mennin and David M. Fresco --
29. Dialectical habit treatment: an intervention for emotion dysregulation / Andrada D. Neacsiu, Martin Bohus, and Marsha M. Linehan --
30. legislation of emotion via amendment of cognizance / Colin MacLeod and Ben Grafton --
31. impact legislation education / Matthias Berking and Jeanine Schwarz --
32. Mindfulness interventions and emotion rules / Norman A.S. Farb, Adam ok. Anderson, Julie A. Irving, and Zindel V. Segal --
Part IX. wellbeing and fitness implications --
33. Emotion rules and gene expression / Steven W. Cole --
34. Early-life socioeconomic prestige, emotion rules, and the organic mechanisms of illness around the lifespan / Edith Chen and Gregory E. Miller --
35. Emotion rules and heart problems danger / Allison A. Appleton and Laura D. Kubzansky --
36. Emotion and self-regulation failure / Dylan D. Wagner and Todd F. Heatherton.
Read Online or Download Handbook of emotion regulation PDF
Best developmental psychology books
Scholarly and finished but available, this state-of-the-science paintings is broadly considered as the definitive psychology of faith textual content. The authors synthesize vintage and modern empirical learn on a variety of various spiritual teams. assurance comprises spiritual proposal, trust, and behaviour around the lifespan; hyperlinks among faith and biology; the varieties and that means of non secular event; the social psychology of spiritual businesses; and connections to morality, coping, psychological health and wellbeing, and psychopathology.
Alexander Luria was once the most influential psychologists of the twentieth century. His legitimate autobiography was once written as a citizen of the Soviet Union, and whereas it presents a compelling tale of his lifelong devotion to constructing a entire idea of the organic and cultural foundations of human nature, it's conspicuous for the absence of data in regards to the social context of his paintings and his own struggles to be an honest individual in indecent occasions.
This topically-organized textual content presents a complete evaluate of child improvement with a powerful theoretical and examine base. Readers achieve a transparent figuring out of child improvement and matters that may be the focal point of vital advances in infancy reviews sooner or later. the recent 5th version displays the big alterations within the box that experience happened over the last decade.
- Advanced Education Psychology
- Early Childhood and Neuroscience - Links to Development and Learning
- Social Anxiety: Clinical, Developmental, and Social Perspectives
- End-of-life issues, grief, and bereavement : what clinicians need to know
Extra info for Handbook of emotion regulation
New York: Psychology Press. , & Schwarz, J. (this volume, 2014). Affect regulation training. In J. J. 529–547). New York: Guilford Press. Bowlby, J. (1969). Attachment and loss: Attachment. New York: Basic Books. Buck, R. (1990). Mood and emotion: A comparison of five contemporary views. Psychological Inquiry, 1, 330–336. Buck, R. (1993). : Reflections on the neuropsychology of qualia. Neuropsychology, 7, 490–499. Butler, E. , Wilhelm, F. , Smith, N. , Erickson, E. , & Gross, J. J. (2003). The social consequences of expressive suppression.
Gross, J. , & Thompson, R. A. (2007). Emotion regulation: Conceptual foundations. In J. J. 3–24). New York: Guilford Press. , & Etkin, A. (this volume, 2014). A neurobiological model of implicit and explicit Conceptual and Empirical Foundations 17 emotion regulation. In J. J. Â€76–90). New York: Guilford Press. , Gross, J. , & Etkin, A. (2011). Explicit and implicit emotion regulation: A dual-Â�process framework. Cognition and Emotion, 25, 400–412. Halperin, E. (2013). Current and potential contributions of the study of emotion and emotion regulation to the study and practice of conflict resolution.
2009). Cognitively, experimental studies have shown that suppression leads to worse memory (Johns, Inzlicht, & Schmader, 2008; Richards, Butler, & Gross, 2003; Richards & Gross, 1999, 2000, 2006). Correlational findings support these conclusions: Indi- viduals who typically use suppression have worse memory for emotional interactions than do individuals who use suppression less frequently (Richards & Gross, 2000). , 2011), and can enhance performance on standardized exams (Jamieson, Mendes, Blackstock, & Schmader, 2010).