By Luciano Ramalho
Python s simplicity enables you to develop into effective fast, yet this usually skill you aren't utilizing every little thing it has to supply. With this hands-on advisor, you ll tips on how to write potent, idiomatic Python code by means of leveraging its most sensible and doubtless such a lot ignored gains. writer Luciano Ramalho takes you thru Python s middle language good points and libraries, and indicates you the way to make your code shorter, swifter, and extra readable on the related time.
Many skilled programmers attempt to bend Python to slot styles they discovered from different languages, and not become aware of Python gains outdoors in their adventure. With this ebook, these Python programmers will completely how you can turn into expert in Python 3.
This booklet covers:
• Python info version: know the way certain tools are the foremost to the constant habit of objects
• information constructions: take complete benefit of integrated forms, and comprehend the textual content vs bytes duality within the Unicode age
• services as items: view Python services as first class gadgets, and know the way this impacts renowned layout patterns
• Object-oriented idioms: construct sessions by means of studying approximately references, mutability, interfaces, operator overloading, and a number of inheritance
• keep watch over stream: leverage context managers, turbines, coroutines, and concurrency with the concurrent.futures and asyncio packages
• Metaprogramming: know the way houses, characteristic descriptors, type decorators, and metaclasses paintings
Read or Download Fluent Python PDF
Best programming books
Scala intensive is a distinct new booklet designed that can assist you combine Scala successfully into your improvement technique. via proposing the rising top practices and designs from the Scala neighborhood, it publications you thru dozens of strong suggestions instance via example.
in regards to the Book
Scala is a strong JVM language that blends the practical and OO programming versions. You'll haven't any difficulty getting introductions to Scala in books or on-line, yet it's demanding to discover nice examples and insights from skilled practitioners. You'll locate them in Scala in Depth.
There's little heavy-handed conception here—just dozens of crisp, sensible concepts for coding in Scala. Written for readers who be aware of Java, Scala, or one other OO language.
Purchase contains loose PDF, ePub, and Kindle eBooks downloadable at manning. com.
What's within* Concise, expressive, and readable code type
* easy methods to combine Scala into your latest Java initiatives
* Scala's 2. eight. zero collections API
* the way to use actors for concurrent programming
* gaining knowledge of the Scala style procedure
* Scala's OO features—type member inheritance, a number of inheritance, and composition
* useful recommendations and patterns—immutability, applicative functors, and monads
desk of Contents<ol>* Scala—a mixed language
* The middle principles
* Modicum of style—coding conventions
* using item orientation
* utilizing implicits to jot down expressive code
* the sort approach
* utilizing implicits and kinds jointly
* utilizing the correct assortment
* Integrating Scala with Java
* styles in useful programming
Solely rewritten for Apple’s fast programming language, this up to date cookbook is helping you triumph over the vexing concerns you’re prone to face while growing apps for iOS devices.
You’ll locate enormous quantities of latest and revised recipes for utilizing the iOS eight SDK, together with concepts for operating with well-being information and HomeKit components, bettering and animating snap shots, storing and preserving info, sending and receiving notifications, and handling documents and folders between them. every one recipe comprises pattern code on GitHub for you to use at once.
All glossy industries depend upon huge and complicated software program structures. so that it will build such huge structures in a scientific demeanour, the focal point of the advance methodologies has switched within the final 20 years from sensible to structural matters. Formal tools were utilized effectively to the verification of medium-sized courses in protocol and layout.
- Effective Programming: More Than Writing Code
- SAS 9.1 Programming I Essentials Course Notes
- Semirings for Soft Constraint Solving and Programming
- Programming in Lua (2nd Edition)
Extra info for Fluent Python
But thanks to the special method __len__, you can also make len work with your own custom objects. This is a fair compromise between the need for efficient built-in objects and the consistency of the language. ” If you think of abs and len as unary operators, you may be more inclined to forgive their functional look-and-feel, as opposed to the method call syntax one might expect in an OO language. In fact, the ABC language—a direct ancestor of Python that pio‐ neered many of its features—had an # operator that was the equivalent of len (you’d write #s).
To concatenate multiple copies of the same sequence, multiply it by an integer. Again, a new sequence is created: >>> l = [1, 2, 3] >>> l * 5 [1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3] 36 | Chapter 2: An Array of Sequences >>> 5 * 'abcd' 'abcdabcdabcdabcdabcd' Both + and * always create a new object, and never change their operands. Beware of expressions like a * n when a is a sequence contain‐ ing mutable items because the result may surprise you. For exam‐ ple, trying to initialize a list of lists as my_list = [] * 3 will result in a list with three references to the same inner list, which is probably not what you want.
Print('%s/%s' % passport) ... BRA/CE342567 ESP/XDA205856 USA/31195855 >>> for country, _ in traveler_ids: ... print(country) ... USA BRA ESP Latitude and longitude of the Los Angeles International Airport. Data about Tokyo: name, year, population (millions), population change (%), area (km²). A list of tuples of the form (country_code, passport_number). As we iterate over the list, passport is bound to each tuple. The % formatting operator understands tuples and treats each item as a separate field.