By Debra Dalgleish
Debra Dalgleish, Microsoft place of work Excel MVP on account that 2001, and a professional and coach in Excel, brings jointly a one-stop source for somebody fascinated by representing, examining, and utilizing their facts with PivotTables and PivotCharts. YouвЂ™ll locate this booklet inimitable while dealing with any new or tricky challenge in PivotTables, protecting the full breadth of occasions you may ever stumble upon, from making plans and developing, to formatting and extracting info, to maximizing functionality and troubleshooting.
The writer offers counsel and methods during this number of recipes that canвЂ™t be present in ExcelвЂ™s support part, whereas conscientiously explaining the main complicated positive aspects of PivotTables that can assist you discover their strong potential.
The chapters during this ebook were prepared right into a choice of recipes to take you step-by-step from the matter you're experiencing to the answer you're aiming for. with no fuss, youвЂ™ll locate transparent and detailed info that can assist you investigate your scenario, no matter if universal or designated, and remedy your challenge. operating examples of complicated PivotTables and various PivotTable programming examples may also help you clear up difficulties fast, with out the necessity to digest heavy content.
What youвЂ™ll learn
- How to create and layout PivotTables to be as beautiful as they're useful
- How to reuse prepackaged вЂњrecipeвЂќ code to place PivotTables to paintings in numerous data-driven scenarios
- How to figure out why result of your computations and charting will possibly not fit what you predict and the way to appreciate and attach these problems
- Related programming strategies utilizing operating examples of complicated PivotTables
Who is that this booklet for?
This publication is a must have source for a person who makes use of Excel frequently.
Read Online or Download Excel 2007 PivotTables Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach PDF
Similar software: office software books
Discover ways to layout displays to slot any viewers, create stories and graphical essays, use PowerPoint with different Microsoft place of work items, and extra with this timesaving advisor.
Debra Dalgleish, Microsoft place of work Excel MVP considering 2001, and knowledgeable and coach in Excel, brings jointly a one-stop source for an individual fascinated with representing, studying, and utilizing their facts with PivotTables and PivotCharts. YouвЂ™ll locate this publication inimitable whilst dealing with any new or tough challenge in PivotTables, overlaying the full breadth of occasions you'll ever come upon, from making plans and growing, to formatting and extracting facts, to maximizing functionality and troubleshooting.
Event studying made easy—and speedy train your self tips to use the be aware processing strength in note 2003. With step-by-step, you could take simply the teachings you wish, or paintings from hide to hide. both method, you force the instruction—building and practising the talents you would like, simply in the event you want them!
- Microsoft Office 2007 Fundamentals : Projects Binder Edition 1
- The Development Dimension Internet Access for Development
- Access to Justice
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 Fast & Easy, 1st edition
- How to Do Everything with Outlook 2000
- Expanding Access to Health Care: A Management Approach
Additional resources for Excel 2007 PivotTables Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach
You applied a label filter to the UnitCost field, and it was automatically removed when you applied a manual filter on the same field. To allow more than one filter, you can change a setting in the pivot table options: 1. Right-click a cell in the pivot table, and then click PivotTable Options. 2. On the Totals & Filters tab, add a check mark to Allow Multiple Filters Per Field (see Figure 2-6), and then click OK. Figure 2-6. Allow multiple filters per field. You can now click the drop-down arrow on the Row Labels heading and remove the check mark from the special product’s unit cost.
Figure 1-6. Text to Columns command on the Ribbon 9. Under Original Data Type, select Delimited, and then click Next. 10. Under Delimiters, check the Other option and, in the text box, type a $ sign. This splits the text at the $ sign in each cell. In the Data Preview window, you can see how the data will look after it’s split. 11. Click Finish to split the text into two columns. 12. Add headings to the name and region columns, and then move them to the left, if desired. 13. Create a pivot table from the normalized list, with Name and Region in the Row Labels area, Month in the Column Labels area, and Amount in the data area.
1. Select a cell in the Excel Table and, on the Ribbon, under the Table Tools tab, click the Design tab. 2. In the Tools group, click Summarize with PivotTable, to open the Create PivotTable dialog box. 3. Under Choose the Data That You Want to Analyze, the option Select a Table or Range is selected, and the name of the Excel Table should appear in the Table/Range box. 4. Select the location for your PivotTable report—either a New Worksheet, or an Existing Worksheet—and then click OK. 5. An empty pivot table appears on the worksheet, at the location you selected.