By Peter G. Aitken
Dedicated fullyyt to PivotTables and PivotCharts, this publication exhibits you the way to take complete good thing about those robust instruments, which allow you to drag significant info from lots of likely meaningless facts. Loaded with illustrations and real-world examples, it takes you step-by-step via making a PivotTable; formatting, filtering, and grouping facts; growing PivotCharts from these information; and extra. You’ll learn how to paintings with multidimensional info, tips to create and control PivotTables utilizing VBA, and—most importantly—you’ll become aware of what those instruments can do for you.
Read or Download Excel 2007 PivotTables and PivotCharts (Mr. Spreadsheet's Bookshelf) PDF
Similar software: office software books
Discover ways to layout displays to slot any viewers, create stories and graphical essays, use PowerPoint with different Microsoft workplace items, and extra with this timesaving consultant.
Debra Dalgleish, Microsoft workplace Excel MVP on account that 2001, and a professional and coach in Excel, brings jointly a one-stop source for a person interested by representing, reading, and utilizing their facts with PivotTables and PivotCharts. YouвЂ™ll locate this e-book inimitable while dealing with any new or tricky challenge in PivotTables, protecting the full breadth of occasions you may ever come across, from making plans and growing, to formatting and extracting information, to maximizing functionality and troubleshooting.
Adventure studying made easy—and fast train your self how one can use the note processing strength in observe 2003. With step-by-step, you could take simply the teachings you would like, or paintings from conceal to hide. both means, you force the instruction—building and practising the abilities you would like, simply if you happen to want them!
- Oecd Employment Outlook 2004 (O E C D Employment Outlook)
- Airbus A320 SOP 01Cockpit Preparation
- Microsoft Office 2007 Business Intelligence
- The Strategic Project Office: A Guide to Improving Organizational Performance (Center for Business Practices)
- Mastering Access 2002 Premium Edition
Additional info for Excel 2007 PivotTables and PivotCharts (Mr. Spreadsheet's Bookshelf)
You will have a few more customization options, such as the option to assign names to fields, but the filtering capabilities of the final PivotTable will be essentially the same. It’s when you create two or more page fields that things get interesting. This will become clearer as you gain experience and after you go through the section later in this chapter. The following steps are involved: 1. When you specify, in Step 2a of the wizard, that you will create the page fields, the next wizard step looks like Figure 2-18.
2. Select the Multiple Consolidation Ranges option. 3. Click Next to display Step 2a of the wizard. 4. Make sure the Create a Single-Page Field option is selected. 5. Click Next to display Step 2b of the wizard. 6. Click the Select button at the right end of the Range field. 7. Drag over cells A3:B9 in the worksheet. 8. Click the Select button again. 9. Click the Add button to add the range to the All Ranges list. 10. Repeat Steps 6 though 9 to select and add the ranges D3:D9 and G3:G9 to the All Ranges list.
You can select all the ranges or any single range to specify which data are summarized in the PivotTable report. I suggest that you experiment with the filters in this PivotTable report to get a feel for how they work. Filters are an important aspect of PivotTables and you need to understand them to get the most out of PivotTables. Figure 2-22: Selecting which data ranges to include in the PivotTable report. Creating a Multiple Page-Field PivotTable Report from Multiple Consolidation Ranges This section demonstrates the steps involved in creating a PivotTable from multiple consolidation ranges using multiple page fields.