By Giannis Tsakonas, Christos Papatheodorou
Overview of electronic Libraries summarizes examine and perform on either side of the Atlantic and goals to respond to the capability questions that either the theoretical and functional parts of electronic library assessment have posed in the course of fresh years. The booklet systematically provides elements of partaking groups, purposes and goals of overview, methodologies and metrics, and alertness paradigms.
- The publication bargains with sensible and theoretical concerns on electronic libraries improvement and evaluation
- It could be multi-disciplinary as a result of its nature incorporating perspectives and views of varied contributing fields
- Distinguished electronic library researchers and practitioners current systematically equipment, concepts and practices. The checklist of members contain Maristella Agosti, David Bainbridge, Ann Blandford, Colleen prepare dinner, Nicola Ferro, Brinley Franklin, Manolis Garoufallou, Sarah Giersch, Richard Hartley, Judy Jeng, Michael Khoo, Martha Kyrillidou, Yvonna Lincoln, David McArthur, Maria Monopoli, David Nicholas, Christos Papatheodorou, Terry Plum, Tefko Saracevic, Rania Siatri, Yin Leng Theng, Giannis Tsakonas and Lee Zia
Read Online or Download Evaluation of Digital Libraries. An Insight Into Useful Applications and Methods PDF
Best storage & retrieval books
This e-book constitutes the lawsuits of the second one foreign convention on Networked electronic applied sciences, held in Prague, Czech Republic, in July 2010.
The our on-line world instruction manual is a finished consultant to all features of recent media, info applied sciences and the net. It supplies an summary of the commercial, political, social and cultural contexts of our on-line world, and offers useful suggestion on utilizing new applied sciences for examine, communique and book.
This booklet explores multimedia purposes that emerged from desktop imaginative and prescient and computing device studying applied sciences. those cutting-edge purposes comprise MPEG-7, interactive multimedia retrieval, multimodal fusion, annotation, and database re-ranking. The application-oriented process maximizes reader figuring out of this complicated box.
This scenario-focused name presents concise technical information and insights for troubleshooting and optimizing garage with Hyper-V. Written by means of skilled virtualization pros, this little publication packs loads of worth right into a few pages, providing a lean learn with plenty of real-world insights and most sensible practices for Hyper-V garage optimization.
- Internet Resources for Leisure and Tourism
- Patient Care Information Systems: Successful Design and Implementation
- Mining Graph Data
- Transaction Processing: Concepts and Techniques
Additional info for Evaluation of Digital Libraries. An Insight Into Useful Applications and Methods
Usage data and user outcomes for service improvement: There is an expectation that usage data will be linked to user outcomes. Librarians are protective of the privacy rights of their patrons, so if this linkage is accomplished through authentication, librarians will insist that the data are stripped of ID information after aggregation. The purpose of linking user outcomes to usage data is to inform decision-making. Assessment results in some action that improves service for patrons. Service competition for users: Digital libraries must compete with other library resources and services.
The scope of this survey is focused on patrons’ interactions with networked electronic resources and services. This chapter does not address the current state of the evaluation of digital libraries, which is ably discussed in the other chapters in this book. It does not include web usability or usability analysis, even though the usability of the library’s presentation of electronic resources and services affects patron success and therefore usage. Interestingly, in this evaluative mini-world of networked electronic resources and services, there is a disconnection between what librarians are trying to do with their collection and analysis of evaluative data and the evaluations computer scientists are doing with digital libraries.
2007) ‘Electronic resource measurement: Linking research to practice’, Library Quarterly 77(4): 463–70. Center for Research Libraries (2007) Trustworthy Repositories Audit and Certification (TRAC): Criteria and Checklist, Chicago, IL: Center for Research Libraries and OCLC. Davis, P. M. and Connolly, M. J. L.