By Richard Wentk
Develop purposes for Mac OS X with this Developer Reference guide
Make a fresh transition to programming in Apple environments utilizing the stylish and dynamic programming API Cocoa and this useful consultant. Written through aseasoned Mac specialist, this ebook indicates you the way to jot down courses in Cocoa for the quickly increasing global of Macintosh users.
Part of the Developer Reference series, this booklet prepares you for a effective programming adventure on today's fastest-growing platform.
• Cocoa is a programming framework for constructing in Apple environments, together with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
• This e-book covers the entire significant details you must begin constructing dynamic purposes for Mac OS X
• grasp all Cocoa instruments, together with Xcode and dealing with Objective-C
• contains complete insurance of the Cocoa API, Xcode, and Objective-C, in addition to programming for Apple's newest OS X, Snow Leopard
• better half website contains all code files
Programming for Apple's Macintosh is a growing to be occupation box. This crucial advisor, some of the most finished on Cocoa, might help you fast develop into efficient.
Read or Download Cocoa (Developer Reference, Volume 26) PDF
Best programming books
Scala intensive is a distinct new booklet designed that will help you combine Scala successfully into your improvement strategy. by means of featuring the rising top practices and designs from the Scala neighborhood, it publications you thru dozens of robust strategies instance through example.
concerning the Book
Scala is a robust JVM language that blends the useful and OO programming types. You'll haven't any hassle getting introductions to Scala in books or on-line, yet it's not easy to discover nice examples and insights from skilled practitioners. You'll locate them in Scala in Depth.
There's little heavy-handed conception here—just dozens of crisp, useful options for coding in Scala. Written for readers who understand Java, Scala, or one other OO language.
Purchase comprises unfastened PDF, ePub, and Kindle eBooks downloadable at manning. com.
What's inside of* Concise, expressive, and readable code variety
* the best way to combine Scala into your current Java tasks
* Scala's 2. eight. zero collections API
* the best way to use actors for concurrent programming
* learning the Scala style process
* Scala's OO features—type member inheritance, a number of inheritance, and composition
* practical ideas and patterns—immutability, applicative functors, and monads
desk of Contents<ol>* Scala—a combined language
* The middle principles
* Modicum of style—coding conventions
* using item orientation
* utilizing implicits to write down expressive code
* the sort procedure
* utilizing implicits and kinds jointly
* utilizing the perfect assortment
* Integrating Scala with Java
* styles in practical programming
Completely rewritten for Apple’s quick programming language, this up-to-date cookbook is helping you conquer the vexing concerns you’re prone to face whilst developing apps for iOS devices.
You’ll locate hundreds and hundreds of latest and revised recipes for utilizing the iOS eight SDK, together with suggestions for operating with health and wellbeing info and HomeKit components, bettering and animating photographs, storing and maintaining information, sending and receiving notifications, and coping with documents and folders between them. each one recipe comprises pattern code on GitHub that you should use immediately.
All glossy industries depend upon huge and intricate software program structures. on the way to build such huge platforms in a scientific demeanour, the focal point of the advance methodologies has switched within the final 20 years from useful to structural concerns. Formal equipment were utilized effectively to the verification of medium-sized courses in protocol and layout.
- C++ How to Program (8th Edition)
- Swift 2 Blueprints
- Lab View Advanced Programming Techniques
- GPU Gems 2: Programming Techniques for High-Performance Graphics and General-Purpose Computation
Extra resources for Cocoa (Developer Reference, Volume 26)
10 The Mac and iPhone SDK are built around the Xcode code editor and compiler. Xcode can be used in a simple one-click-to-build way by beginners, or it can be customized and extended almost indefinitely by more experienced developers. Working with Safari Apple also offers the free Safari Developer Program for Web applications. On the Mac and PC, Safari remains a minority interest for now. On the iPhone, you can use Web-app technology to create Web-based apps that have many of the features of conventional iPhone apps but are simpler to create and can be sold directly from a Web site.
Indd 30 8/31/10 2:42 PM Chapter 2: Think Cocoa! 31 Moving to Cocoa and Objective-C from Other Platforms The Web has created an explosion of interest in software development. There are many scripted and programmed environments to choose from, but historically, most are object-oriented. Developers are finding that competing platforms use related coding principles and that existing skills are transferable. If you have experience with another object-oriented language, you should find Objective-C rewarding and relatively straightforward.