By Scott Stevenson
Construct stable purposes for Mac OS X, iPhone, and iPod contact, whether you've uncomplicated programming abilities or years of programming event. With this booklet, you'll how to use Apple's Cocoa framework and the Objective-C language via step by step tutorials, hands-on workouts, transparent examples, and sound recommendation from a Cocoa expert.
Cocoa and Objective-C: Up and Running bargains barely enough conception to flooring you, then indicates you ways to exploit Apple's quick improvement instruments -- Xcode and Interface Builder -- to advance Cocoa purposes, deal with consumer interplay, create nice UIs, and extra. You'll quick achieve the adventure you want to advance refined Apple software program, no matter if you're a little bit new to programming or simply new to this platform.
Get a short hands-on travel of uncomplicated programming talents with the C language
* the way to use Interface Builder to speedy layout and prototype your application's consumer interface
* commence utilizing Objective-C by means of developing gadgets and studying reminiscence management
* know about the Model-View-Controller (MVC) approach to sharing information among objects
* comprehend the basis price sessions, Cocoa's powerful API for storing universal facts types
* get to grips with Apple's photos frameworks, and tips on how to make customized perspectives with AppKit
Read Online or Download Cocoa and Objective-C: Up and Running: Foundations of Mac, iPhone, and iPod touch programming PDF
Similar programming books
Scala intensive is a distinct new publication designed that will help you combine Scala successfully into your improvement approach. through offering the rising top practices and designs from the Scala neighborhood, it publications you thru dozens of robust recommendations instance via example.
concerning the Book
Scala is a robust JVM language that blends the sensible and OO programming versions. You'll don't have any hassle getting introductions to Scala in books or on-line, yet it's tough to discover nice examples and insights from skilled practitioners. You'll locate them in Scala in Depth.
There's little heavy-handed thought here—just dozens of crisp, functional ideas for coding in Scala. Written for readers who comprehend Java, Scala, or one other OO language.
Purchase comprises unfastened PDF, ePub, and Kindle eBooks downloadable at manning. com.
What's within* Concise, expressive, and readable code kind
* tips on how to combine Scala into your latest Java tasks
* Scala's 2. eight. zero collections API
* tips on how to use actors for concurrent programming
* learning the Scala style process
* Scala's OO features—type member inheritance, a number of inheritance, and composition
* sensible techniques and patterns—immutability, applicative functors, and monads
desk of Contents<ol>* Scala—a mixed language
* The middle ideas
* Modicum of style—coding conventions
* using item orientation
* utilizing implicits to jot down expressive code
* the kind method
* utilizing implicits and kinds jointly
* utilizing the proper assortment
* Integrating Scala with Java
* styles in practical programming
Completely rewritten for Apple’s fast programming language, this up to date cookbook is helping you triumph over the vexing matters you’re more likely to face whilst growing apps for iOS devices.
You’ll locate enormous quantities of latest and revised recipes for utilizing the iOS eight SDK, together with concepts for operating with health and wellbeing facts and HomeKit add-ons, bettering and animating snap shots, storing and conserving info, sending and receiving notifications, and dealing with records and folders between them. each one recipe contains pattern code on GitHub so that you can use instantly.
All sleek industries depend on huge and complicated software program structures. with a view to build such huge structures in a scientific demeanour, the point of interest of the advance methodologies has switched within the final twenty years from sensible to structural matters. Formal tools were utilized effectively to the verification of medium-sized courses in protocol and layout.
- Learning Swift: Building Apps for OS X and IOS
- MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Developing Windows-Based Applications With Microsoft Visual Basic.Net and Microsoft Visual C#.Net: Exams 70-306 and 70-316
- From Mathematics to Generic Programming
- Make a 2D RPG in a Weekend: With RPG Maker VX Ace
Additional info for Cocoa and Objective-C: Up and Running: Foundations of Mac, iPhone, and iPod touch programming
10 The Mac and iPhone SDK are built around the Xcode code editor and compiler. Xcode can be used in a simple one-click-to-build way by beginners, or it can be customized and extended almost indefinitely by more experienced developers. Working with Safari Apple also offers the free Safari Developer Program for Web applications. On the Mac and PC, Safari remains a minority interest for now. On the iPhone, you can use Web-app technology to create Web-based apps that have many of the features of conventional iPhone apps but are simpler to create and can be sold directly from a Web site.
Indd 30 8/31/10 2:42 PM Chapter 2: Think Cocoa! 31 Moving to Cocoa and Objective-C from Other Platforms The Web has created an explosion of interest in software development. There are many scripted and programmed environments to choose from, but historically, most are object-oriented. Developers are finding that competing platforms use related coding principles and that existing skills are transferable. If you have experience with another object-oriented language, you should find Objective-C rewarding and relatively straightforward.