By Carlos Sessa
The top programming innovations are frequently the shortest and simplest—the hacks. during this compact and infinitely valuable ebook, Android professional Carlos Sessa offers 50 hacks that would prevent time, stretch your talents, and perhaps even make you smile.
About this Book
Hacks. shrewdpermanent programming options to unravel thorny little difficulties. Ten traces of code that prevent days of labor. The little gemstones you research from the previous man within the subsequent dice or from the geniuses on Stack Overflow. That's simply what you'll locate during this compact and helpful book.
The identify 50 Android Hacks says all of it. starting from the mundane to the astounding, every one self-contained, totally illustrated hack is simply a number of pages lengthy and comprises annotated resource code. those functional ideas are equipped into twelve collections masking structure, animations, styles, and more.
• Hack three making a customized ViewGroup
• Hack eight Slideshow utilizing the Ken Burns effect
• Hack 20 The Model-View-Presenter pattern
• Hack 23 The SyncAdapter pattern
• Hack 31 Aspect-oriented programming in Android
• Hack 34 utilizing Scala inside of Android
• Hack forty three Batching database operations
• Plus forty three extra hacks!
Most hacks paintings with Android 2.x and bigger. Version-specific hacks are essentially marked.
Purchase of the print booklet encompasses a unfastened booklet in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About the Author
Carlos Sessa is a passionate expert Android developer. He's lively on Stack Overflow and is an avid hack collector.
Table of Contents
<ol>• operating your manner round layouts
• growing cool animations
• View advice and tricks
• operating with lists and adapters
• priceless libraries
• Interacting with different languages
• Ready-to-use snippets
• past database basics
• keeping off fragmentation
• development tools
Read or Download 50 Android Hacks PDF
Best programming books
Scala intensive is a special new publication designed that can assist you combine Scala successfully into your improvement method. through providing the rising top practices and designs from the Scala neighborhood, it publications you thru dozens of robust suggestions instance through example.
concerning the Book
Scala is a strong JVM language that blends the practical and OO programming types. You'll haven't any hassle getting introductions to Scala in books or on-line, yet it's demanding to discover nice examples and insights from skilled practitioners. You'll locate them in Scala in Depth.
There's little heavy-handed idea here—just dozens of crisp, functional strategies for coding in Scala. Written for readers who comprehend Java, Scala, or one other OO language.
Purchase contains loose PDF, ePub, and Kindle eBooks downloadable at manning. com.
What's within* Concise, expressive, and readable code type
* the best way to combine Scala into your current Java initiatives
* Scala's 2. eight. zero collections API
* easy methods to use actors for concurrent programming
* studying the Scala variety method
* Scala's OO features—type member inheritance, a number of inheritance, and composition
* practical thoughts and patterns—immutability, applicative functors, and monads
desk of Contents<ol>* Scala—a combined language
* The center principles
* Modicum of style—coding conventions
* using item orientation
* utilizing implicits to jot down expressive code
* the kind approach
* utilizing implicits and kinds jointly
* utilizing the precise assortment
* Integrating Scala with Java
* styles in sensible programming
Completely rewritten for Apple’s rapid programming language, this up-to-date cookbook is helping you triumph over the vexing concerns you’re more likely to face whilst growing apps for iOS devices.
You’ll locate hundreds and hundreds of recent and revised recipes for utilizing the iOS eight SDK, together with recommendations for operating with future health info and HomeKit components, bettering and animating photos, storing and holding facts, sending and receiving notifications, and handling documents and folders between them. every one recipe contains pattern code on GitHub for you to use instantaneously.
All smooth industries depend on huge and intricate software program structures. with the intention to build such huge platforms in a scientific demeanour, the point of interest of the advance methodologies has switched within the final twenty years from useful to structural matters. Formal tools were utilized effectively to the verification of medium-sized courses in protocol and layout.
- Genetic Programming Theory and Practice II
- OpenGL SuperBible: Comprehensive Tutorial and Reference (6th Edition)
- Logic Programming: First Russian Conference on Logic Programming Irkutsk, Russia, September 14–18, 1990 Second Russian Conference on Logic Programming St. Petersburg, Russia, September 11–16, 1991 Proceedings
- AI Techniques for Game Programming (The Premier Press Game Development Series)
- Bauphysikalische Temperaturberechnungen in FORTRAN: Band 1 Zwei- bzw. dreidimensionale stationäre Probleme des Wärmeschutzes
- Learning Scala: Practical Functional Programming for the JVM
Additional info for 50 Android Hacks
2 Creating the CascadeLayout In this section, we’ll code the custom ViewGroup. 2. Call the custom ViewGroup: CascadeLayout. CascadeLayout> Now that you know what you need to build, let’s get started. The first thing we’ll do is define those custom attributes. >
2 Ken Burns effect example taken from Wikipedia 26 CHAPTER 2 Creating cool animations In this hack, I’ll show you how to mimic the Ken Burns effect in an image slideshow. To do this, we’ll use a library created by Jake Wharton called Nine Old Androids. 0 animation API in older versions. To create the Ken Burns effect, we’ll have a number of preset animations. These animations will be applied randomly to an ImageView and, when the animation is finished, we’ll start another animation with the next photo.
6+ When you want to do something that depends on a widget’s width and height, you might want to use View’s getHeight() and getWidth() methods. A common pitfall 35 Getting the view’s width and height in the onCreate() method for new Android developers is trying to get a widget’s width and height inside the Activity’s onCreate() method. Unfortunately, those methods will return 0 if you call them from there, but I’ll show you an easy way around this. Let’s first see why we get a 0 when we ask for the view’s sizes inside the Activity’s onCreate() method.