By Mary Carolyn Waldrep
Great for crafters of all ability degrees, here's a exceptional choice of vintage heirloom-quality styles for tablecloths, bedspreads, doilies, edgings, and more.
The booklet additionally contains a entire checklist of fabrics and certain directions in addition to a hundred and forty invaluable illustrations.
Read or Download 150 Favorite Crochet Designs (Dover Needlework) PDF
Best crafts books
In Origami Ooh los angeles l. a.! Jeremy Shafer takes origami into the world of functionality paintings. jam-packed with transparent step by step directions for a way to fold each one version and smart exercises for appearing them in entrance of audiences, this ebook goals to actually stream origami directly to a brand new level!
Every body has a sock or with no mate, misplaced to the abyss of the dryer, yet what to do with this lonely laundry left-over? fear now not! the final word Sock Puppet booklet may also help you craft whimsical, quirky creatures so that you can create with just a few reasonably cheap fabrics and imagination.
Moving from the straightforward to the intense, authors Tiger Kandel and Heather Schloss will take readers on a trip during the magnificent international of sock puppets. research secrets and techniques to delusion creatures, animals, or even human portrait puppets. With trademark thoughts, easy-to-follow directions, illustrations, stencils, and pictures your misfit socks will rework into characters which are lively and character.
Strategies to universal crochet quandaries are at your fingertips—anywhere you go
Crochet visible quickly suggestions has the solutions you need—fast. With specified colour images and concise directions, plus time-saving tips, it covers:
• picking instruments and yarn
• operating uncomplicated stitches
• expanding and decreasing
• operating in rounds and colors
• Making puffs, bobbles, clusters, and knots
• operating Tunisian crochet, filet crochet, and lace
• Crocheting with beads
• Inter- preting patterns
• Diagnosing difficulties and solving blunders
Artists and crafters have regularly been recyclers, yet for lots of, it has not just develop into a thrifty selection, it has turn into an ethical significant. a thousand principles for inventive Reuse encompasses a leading edge choice of the main artistic paintings being made with re-used, upcycled, and already latest fabrics. The paintings during this booklet levels from shrewdpermanent and humble own add-ons to specific and demanding large-scale artworks, together with paper paintings, model, jewellery, housewares, interiors, and installations.
- The Sewing Book: An Encyclopedic Resource of Step-by-Step Techniques
- Origami Zoo: An Amazing Collection of Folded Paper Animals
- Native American Beadwork
- Zakka Style: 24 Projects Stitched with Ease to Give, Use & Enjoy
- Sew a Backyard Adventure: 21 Projects Teepees, Hats, Backpacks, Quilts, Sleeping Bags & More
- Singer sewing book
Additional resources for 150 Favorite Crochet Designs (Dover Needlework)
Tackstitch the 2 ribbon halves together. Stitch a long basting stitch into the middle of each loop along one side. See General Instructions (page 28). 1. Cut 1 length of ribbon 144RW 4. Pull the length of ribbon con(see chart above right). Fold the length in half; insert a pin through the fold. Fold a small loop, with the free side facing up. nected to the first loop down. New loop Previous loop Pull down. Free side First loop Fold. 2. Fold the free side behind the loop. Fold. 5. Beginning with the length of ribbon connected to the first loop, repeat Steps 3 and 4, alternating between lengths, down the entire length of both halves of the ribbon.
2. Gather stitch at an angle to Woven or French wire ribbon with soft, medium, or stiff hand, singleor double-sided the pin at the inner selvage edge; loop over the edge. Continue along the selvage edge to the remaining pin; loop over the edge. Gather stitch to the outer selvage edge, 1/8˝ from the raw edge. Amount needed: Soft-hand ribbon: 8 × width of project ribbon Medium-hand ribbon: 9 × width of project ribbon ribbon: 10 × width of project ribbon Stitch. 4. Match the right sides of the raw edges.
Anchor knot the thread at the beginning selvage edge of the first petal. Using the edge of the cardstock as a guide, gather stitch across the width of the first raw edge, the folds, and the last raw edge. Unpin and remove the cardstock. Finished flower Ruched Petals DIRECTIONS Loop-over See General Instructions (page 28). 1. Insert a pin 1/4˝ from the Ruched Petals and Victorian Leaf–S (page 130). Use same ribbon width for both flower and leaf. SK ILL LE VEL: Intermediate raw edge. Measure 2RW (see chart below left) and insert a pin; this is the length of 1 petal.